PSLE has always been evolving and next year 2020, we will have new primary 6 happy pals (huan le huo ban) textbooks with new words and new sentences, even new skills to learn.
New Textbook has 2 things different from the old textbook:-
1) A lot of new reading words or vocabulary besides the must know writing words.
2) Skills are taught across the board from reading, writing, comprehension, composition etc. So this textbook do teach useful skills across 6 years of Chinese Education.
Examination format is the same from 2017.
So parents of 2020 batch of primary 6 would need to know 3 things also:-
1) Old textbook, pre-2020 past year test papers and pre-2020 assessment books are almost useless now!
2) Old issues of 新列车、知识报、大拇指may still be useful but new vocabulary will need to be practiced.
3) Story books will remain relevant to every students. Of cause oral, listening comprehension, comprehension and composition components are the same as present format. But the rest will have new vocabulary needed.
3 thoughts on “PSLE 2020 is the same as 2019, except Chinese Language will have NEW Textbooks for Primary 6”
Do u know when 6b books will be out? if like previous years out only in june, how to finish syllabus properly before psle?
Do we still need to revise words learnt in P4 and P5?
Primary 5 and 4 vocabulary are important so if you have the time, you should revise them.
Comments are closed.